Nov 28, 2021  
2015-2016 Undergraduate Bulletin 
2015-2016 Undergraduate Bulletin [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Study Abroad and Study Away

Through Study Abroad or Study Away, students may complete one or more degree requirements through educational activities off campus. Such activities include - but are not limited to - undergraduate and graduate classroom study, research, intern- or externships, field studies, clinical or observational trials, and service learning accomplished for credit both outside the United States and through participation in the National Student Exchange. Local courses taken through the BACHE Consortium or transient courses transferred from local universities are not considered Study-Away courses. Study Abroad can include formal exchange programs with other universities, trips sponsored by the University of Montevallo, or trips sponsored by other institutions of higher education. The length of time can range from a few weeks to a full semester or academic year. Study Abroad or Study Away does not substitute for or relieve any residency requirements. Awarding of academic credit is dependent on the type of program and agreement under which the student studied. In all cases, students are encouraged to confirm academic credit arrangements before leaving campus.

International and Intercultural Studies Courses